He was born on December 18, 1963 in Shawnee, Oklahoma (United States).
It measures 1.80.
William Bradley Pitt was born into a middle-class family.
His mother Jane was a high school counselor and his father Bill a manager of a transportation company.
He has two younger siblings, Julie (born 1969) and Doug (born 1966).
The latter is the owner of a computer company.
Brad Pitt was born in Shawney, Oklahoma, but grew up in Springfield, Missouri, where his father owned his business.
After finishing high school at Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Brad began studying Journalism at the University of Missouri.
He soon left his career planted to move to California with the intention of working in the film industry.
Before achieving his dream, he worked in a refrigerator company, and even became part of the staff of a chicken food store called “El Pollo Loco.”
In the cinema, and after appearing in television series such as “The Problems Grow” (1987-1989) or “Dallas” (1987-1988) , Brad made his debut in 1987 intervening uncredited in “Golpe Al Sueño Americano” (1987 ).
Later, he starred on Fox in a television series starring four high school friends, “Glory Days” (1990) , which was canceled after the broadcast of six episodes.
Her breakthrough movie was “Thelma and Louise” (1991), a road movie directed by Ridley Scott and starring Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis.
Later he starred in titles such as “The River Of Life” (1992) by Robert Redford , “Legends Of Passion” (1994) by Edward Zwick , a film for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, “Seven” (1995) thriller by David Fincher in which, playing the policeman David Mills, he shared the limelight with Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey , or “Twelve Monkeys” (1995) , a film made by Terry Gilliam and co-starring Bruce Willis and Madeleine Stowe for which he won the Golden Globe.
For this film, Pitt also received his only Oscar nomination, being a candidate for the statuette in the category of best supporting actor.
Brad is prohibited from entering China for starring in “Seven Years in Tibet” (1997), a film directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud that the authorities of the Asian country did not like too much.
The same year he played an IRA terrorist in “La Sombra Del Diablo” (1997) , a film co-starred by Harrison Ford .
Other outstanding films of his filmography are “El Club De La Lucha” (1999) , a film by David Fincher based on a novel by Chuck Palahniuk , “Snatch – Pigs and Diamonds” (2000) by Guy Ritchie , “Ocean’s Eleven” (2001 ) by Steven Soderbergh , or the peplum“Troy” (2004) , a super production shot by Wolfgang Petersen in which Brad Pitt played the hero Achilles.
Other titles in her filmography are “Babel” (2006) , a drama co-starred by Cate Blanchett and directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu; or “Ocean’s Thirteen” (2003) , third installment of this series of robbery comedy titles directed by Steven Soderbergh.
He has played Jesse James in “The Murder Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford” (2007) .
The famous outlaw of the American West was already embodied in the cinema before, among others as Audie Murphy or Clayton Moore, Tyrone Power , with John Carradine as Bob Ford.
In the Coen brothers’ comedy “Burn After Reading” (2008), he is Chad Feldheimer, a gym worker who finds the memories of a CIA spy.
In “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008) , a film inspired by a story by F. Scott Fitzgerald , he played a man who was born old and lost years as time progressed.
In “Inglourious Basterds” (2009) , a Quentin Tarantino film set in World War II, he was Lieutenant Aldo Raine.
In the drama “The Tree Of Life” (2011) it was directed by Terrence Malick .
In “Moneyball” (2011) he played baseball manager Billy Beane.
He was the protagonist and producer of “World War Z” (2013) , adaptation of an apocalyptic novel written by Max Brooks .
He played an American soldier in “Hearts Of Steel” (2014) , a film set in World War II.
A year later he produced and participated as an actor in “La Gran Apuesta” (2015) , a drama about the financial crisis and the real estate bubble; and co-starred with Angelina Jolie in “Frente Al Mar” (2015) , a marriage drama set in a French town during the 70s that Jolie herself directed.
In 2016 he premiered as producer “The OA” (2016-2019) , a fantasy and mystery soap opera starring Brit Marling .
was directed again by Quentin Tarantino.
In this film, set in 1969 Hollywood, Brad was the double of an actor played by Leonardo DiCaprio .
For his performance, he was awarded the Oscar Award and the Golden Globe for the best supporting actor of the year.
The same year he became an astronaut in search of his missing father in “Ad Astra” (2019) .
Among his romantic partners are the interpreters Jill Schoelen, Robin Givens, Juliette Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow .
In the summer of 2000, he married actress Jennifer Aniston (born 1969), known for her role in the television series “Friends . “
The couple separated in January 2005.
Shortly after, Brad began a relationship with Angelina Jolie (born 1975), his co-star in the movie “Mr. and Mrs. Smith ”(2005) with whom he has had a biological daughter, Shiloh Nouvel, and three adopted ones, one from Cambodia, Maddox Chivan, another from Vietnam, Pax Thien, and a third from Ethiopia, Zahara Marley.
Brad and Angelina were married in 2014.
Two years later the divorce proceedings began after Jolie suspected Brad’s infidelity with the French actress Marion Cotillard , her co-star in the film “Aliados” (2016) , a film set in times of the Second World War.
In 2018 he was rumored to have a relationship with Kate Hudson and, later, a possible return with Jennifer Aniston and a courtship with Charlize Theron (born 1975), neither confirmed.
In an interview in 2017, Brad acknowledged undergoing therapy to solve his problems with alcohol.
In 2020, he began a relationship with the German model Nicole Poturalski (born in 1993, almost 30 years younger).
- HIT AMERICAN SLEEP (1987) by Marek Kanievska
- CUTTING CLASS (1989) by Rospo Pallenberg
- TOGETHER BUT NOT TURNED (1989) by Mel Damski
- THELMA AND LOUISE (1991) by Ridley Scott
- CONTACT (1992) by Jonathan Darby
- JOHNNY SUEDE (1992) by Tom Dicillo
- THE RIVER OF LIFE (1992) by Robert Redford
- LOVE A BURN (1993) by Tony Scott
- KALIFORNIA (1993) by Dominic Sena
- FAVOR (1994) by Donald Petrie
- INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (1994) by Neil Jordan
- LEGENDS OF PASSION (1994) by Edward Zwick
- SEVEN (1995) by David Fincher
- 12 MONKEYS (1995) by Terry Gilliam
- SLEEPERS (1996) by Barry Levinson
- THE DEVIL’S SHADOW (1997) by Alan J. Pakula
- SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET (1997) by Jean Jacques Annaud
- THE DARK SIDE OF THE SUN (1997) by Bozidar “Boot” Nikolic
- DO YOU KNOW JOE BLACK ? (1998) by Martin Brest
- THE FIGHT CLUB (1999) by David Fincher
- SNATCH. PIGS AND DIAMONDS (2000) by Guy Ritchie
- THE MEXICAN (2001) by Gore Verbinski
- SPY GAME (2001) by Tony Scott
- OCEAN’S ELEVEN (2002) by Steven Soderbergh
- CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND (2002) by George Clooney
- SIMBAD: THE LEGEND OF THE SEVEN SEAS (2003) by Patrick Gilmore and Tim Johnson
- TROY (2004) by Wolfgang Petersen
- OCEAN’S TWELVE (2004) by Steven Soderbergh
- MR. AND MRS. SMITH (2005) by Doug Liman
- BABEL (2006) by Alejandro González Iñárritu
- OCEAN’S THIRTEEN (2007) by Steven Soderbergh
- THE MURDER OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD (2007) by Andrew Dominik
- BURNING AFTER YOU READ (2008) by Ethan and Joel Coen
- THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON (2008) by David Fincher
- DAMNED BASTARDS (2009) by Quentin Tarantino
- MEGAMIND (2010) -voice- by Tim McGrath
- THE TREE OF LIFE (2011) by Terrence Malick
- MONEYBALL (2011) by Bennett Miller
- KILL THEM GENTLY (2012) by Andrew Dominik
- WORLD WAR Z (2013) by Marc Forster
- THE COUNSELOR (2013) by Ridley Scott
- 12 YEARS OF SLAVERY (2013) by Steve McQueen
- HEARTS OF STEEL (2014) by David Ayer
- THE BIG BET (2015) by Adam McKay IN FRONT OF THE SEA (2015) by Angelina Jolie
- ALLIES (2016) by Robert Zemeckis
- WAR MACHINE (2017) by David Michod
- DEADPOOL 2 (2018) by David Leitch
- ONCE UPON A TIME IN… HOLLYWOOD (2019) by Quentin Tarantino
- AD ASTRA (2019) by James Gray